Saturday 28 September 2013

Two short poems from 2012

I continued to write lyrics in May and June 2012.

I wrote this when I was ready to give the world away. There seriously seemed to be no future. The fact is that I was depressed.  These feelings often occur when I have had seizures.

The writing process helps me to get back to normal because the feelings that overpower me need to be let out.

Young
Greatly young, naive to some
as he stumbles down the hallway with a look in his eye.
Beating up himself for the trouble he caused
did nothing but make him cry.
How many times must it feel like pain?
In his heart you can see the strain.
Styling to the feeling and the rhythm not the beat,
Could he ever sense that feeling that he wasn't unique.
     [Chorus]
     Varied in his thinking from the day he was born.
     Screening out emotions so he wouldn't get torn.
     Why can't he fly above the masses and be free?
     If only all the others could see.
Hold me close and squeeze me so the feeling starts again.
In my thoughts there is only one last thing.
Run against the pressure of the spasms in my head.
Trying just to focus on the messages you've said.
See you around
I'm feeling like
I'm on the edge
Of going down
    [Chorus]
     Varied in his thinking from the day he was born.
     Screening out emotions so he wouldn't get torn.
     Why can't he fly above the masses and be free?
     If only all the others could see.
Written 7 May, 2012




In late May I saw a young girl in the park blowing bubbles.  One blew into our window.  This led to the following poem and its final lines:




Minute's Silence

Can we have a minute's silence
for the silent in our world,
trying hard not to be hurled
toward the scrap heap in the rain.

Will you take that minute's silence
and try to understand
why there's difference in our land
that brings about pain.

Handle with care but no need to stare
or show the pity they don't need.
Just be fearless, set them free.
Ponder the existence in a bubble you can see.
Nothing appears but things refine.
Rainbows in the sunlight, they do shine.
Written 2 June 2012






No comments:

Post a Comment